My old Friend Becomes a Taxi Driver amid the Pandemic

Sultan Saiful

Source; getty images

Source :Gettyimages

In the pandemic now, the living situation in the economy is already starting to decline. It started in February 2020 until this era. One of the triggering factors is the outbreak of coronavirus that is sweeping the world.
Our family is expanding!
We need to fill up our bills.
My friend told me,
He started thinking about looking for opportunities for a new business. Then he looks for investors all over the world. He invites his friends from around the World. He asked his business friends to invest in his business. He explained his project well through the webinar/zoom, but his friends said that the current economy started to decline in 2019 because of COVID-19. This directly affected the life of his business.
Directly, he said that he rarely gets orders now.
A friend whose works or business relations have already started to reduce the ‘discussion’ in business.
Then my friend started to invite his customers and asked his friend to invest in an SME business, he planned business friends through “WhatsApp “but their responses are quite shocking to him. As known as superior businessmen who do not give up easily, always possess initiative in the world as a small business.
“ Sorry, I was already bored with this condition … Usually they helped me and supplied the material, but now it’s hard to get the stock. Even though the price has dropped, the selling power is still weak “
He told me such a story.
Have you also had such an experience?
***

The early night had covered the city, the rain fell heavily. The wind that wounded. The twinkling light on the skyscraper Building — Building skyscraper, showing the luxury. It’s not long before my smartphone is on the table of a cafe, beeping, which means that the driver has received my order.
I hurry into the lobby of this mall. It is, a car is coming from the direction of the highway. I opened the door. As I sat down inside, I was stunned for a moment because a friend I told at the beginning of this link is a driver.
As usual, we laughed out loud, then he told me he had some stories.

I wondered in my mind what happened to my friend. I usually see him at international conferences, and then his photos were shared on social media.
Sometimes I see him as a speaker on TV. Why did he change his profession? In my heart, I feel sympathy and pity for him. He was already in his upper 60s. If he has economic problems, why did not his network or a business partner allow him to do business with him? or was he just acting in dramas? I hope it is “yes” and I hope it is an episode of his history that he just wanted to play a game of life. Hopefully.
***
After a few days of events, my friend sent me a message asking me to pray for him and to let him know that his economy has suddenly declined. His properties were seized by the owner of the funds. He was very happy, however, for his life is now very quiet. There were no more terrors in his misery.
Concluding his message, he wrote this, “Am I wrong in always thinking money, money, and money? Then there are emoticons laughing merrily.
I replied with emoticons with two thumbs and the hashtag “ Do not give up”.

Dear Readers,

Please work your magic with my article,

Read every story from Sultan Saiful (and thousands of other writers on Medium).

Your membership fee directly supports Sultan Saiful and other writers you read. You’ll also get full access to every story on Medium.

Become a member


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Fast and Furious 9; When Will We See You again ?

Abstract in Your Research Project

How far You can Go with English Profeciency Test